Costa Rica Vacation Rental Home/Villa on Lake Arenal, Costa Rica. This vacation villa rental resort is a private luxury home situated on a 40-acre lushly landscaped lakefront estate close to Arenal Volcano, Tabacon, Monteverde, National Parks, Rainforest and many Beaches. Numerous Costa Rica Eco-Adventure Tours, boating, windsurfing,and sportfishing excursions are at your fingertips, including miles of manicured hiking trails through the rainforest on our property.Honeymoon couples or groups of 12 persons will find Villa Encantada an affordable bargain in an unforgettable tropical paradise setting.
|| Home | Villa Details | Activities & Area Info. | Rates & Reservations | Directions ||
| Guest Comments |
View MORE of
Costa Rica's Most Affordable
Private Luxury Vacation Rental Villa
SCROLL DOWN TO PERUSE LOCAL & DAY EXCURSION ACTIVITIES
| Spanish Version (Espaņol) |
If you can drag yourself away from the comfortable, serene surroundings at Villa Encantada there are day excursions and a great many outdoor and adventure activities available in the immediate area that can be enjoyed.
In the immediate area here are some of your options:
- Visit Arenal Volcano and the Tabacon Hot Springs mineral baths.
(This adventure rates as one of the MOST POPULAR excursions of every visitor to Costa Rica.) This is a MUST DO!
- Visit the Rio Fortuna Waterfalls at the base of the Arenal Volcano. Hike through the jungle to discover pristine swimming pools fed by a spectacular waterfall of over 300 ft.
- Canopy Tour at Lake Coter where suspension ropes hoist you above the treetops for a close up view of the rainforest canopy.
- Quadracycle Tours through private farms to experience the rainforest
- Venado Caverns for an exciting adventure viewing stalagmites, stalactites and cave exploring.
- Jungle treks through the rain forest is an eco-adventure that most people will never have the chance to experience. Miles & miles of manicured trails are at your beckon call.
- Bird watching (this temperate zone climate offers as many as 300 different species of birds from keel billed toucans, tanagers, parrots, hummingbirds to red legged honeycreepers and a virtual potpourri of colorful feathered friends).
- Windsurfing (Lake Arenal is world renowned, attracting serious windsurfers from every corner of the globe). Rental equipment is available.
- Horseback riding tour through the rain forest and up to Lake Cote, an extinct volcanic crater, where on a clear day you can see all the way to Nicaragua.
- Tour Lake Arenal by catamaran sailboat or party barge. Fishing excursions are also available. Fish for rainbow bass and talapia with a guide that usually knows where the fish are.
- Lake Arenal water-skiing tours are available, as are boat rentals.
- Mountain biking on some of the best trails in Costa Rica through protected wilderness areas. Bike rentals available.
- Tour the Lake Arenal villages of Arenal, Tilaran, Tronadora, Canas, and Fortuna to experience Costa Rica's friendly people.
- Personalized Spanish language study program. (Instructor comes right to Villa Encantada for Spanish lessons).
- USA certified masseuse available on request (reasonable rates).
Because Lake Arenal and Villa Encantada are centrally located in the Guanacaste province, there is a multitude of activities that are but a few hours away by car. Birders and naturalists are particularly interested in many of the following sites or National Parks. A personal guide is available for a reasonable fee.
- Corobici River and waterfalls guided float trip - an excellent day trip in a lowland habitat where you'll see an abundance of birds, crocodiles and animal wildlife.
- Palo Verde National Park and the Rio Tempisque lowland area - where a great many coastal birds reside. You will see 15 separate habitats with over 150 species of trees and 55 water plant species in this gigantic lagoon, as well the 279 species of birds that have been sighted here.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve with over 450 bird
species sighted - a world famous destination where you may see the resplendent quetzal. You will want to get an early start as there is a host of activities.
- Cano Negro Wildlife Reserve includes a lake and marshlands of over 800 hectares and 5 separate habitats. This lake virtually dries up in the dry season (February to May). The river can be navigated and there is an abundance of waterfowl to see.
- Santa Rosa & Guanacaste National Park on the northwest Pacific Coast is a tropical dry forest and home to 260 bird species as well as cougars, jaguars, crocodiles and anteaters.
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park ( volcano and cloud forest with many hot springs and waterfalls). This reserve is home to many of the high elevation birds that are seen at Monteverde. This park is known as "Costa Rica's Yellowstone".
- Barra Honda National Park features caverns of limestone descending to a depth of 240 meters and have a profusion of stalagmites, stalactites, pillars and other underground formations. Not much wildlife, but very worthwhile park.
- Beaches, Beaches. and more Beaches - the pacific coastline is less than 90 minutes away. Our favorites include Coco Beach, Playa Panama, Playa Hermosa, Playa's Ocotal, Flamingo and Tamarindo.
- Beach activities include scuba diving, sport fishing, golf,
swimming, surfing, horseback riding and shopping to name a few.
Home | Villa Details | Activities & Area Info. | Rates & Reservations | How to get to Villa Encantada |
| Guest Comments | Volcano Tour| Spanish Version (Espaņol) |
Contact: Glenn McBride
Costa Rica Tele/Fax: 011-506-2694-4731
Costa Rica Cellular: 011-506-8706-7079